At a Glance
Board a Seastreak ferry in Highlands, NJ, cruise to the Whale Watching grounds, and witness some of the most magnificent creatures in the North Atlantic!
- Roundtrip from Highlands, NJ to/from The Whale Watching Grounds Just Offshore
- Starting April 24 and running through November 28, 2021
- ~ 3h
- $55 Adults, $25 Children Under 12
Get Up Close And Personal With Whales, Dolphins & More Magnificent Creatures Of The Sea
- Spectacular Marine Wildlife On View For The Lucky Few
Imagine being just feet away from one of the world’s largest mammals in its natural habitat! Onboard our Whale Watching Cruise, you may see humpback whales, bottlenose dolphins, pelagic birds, sea turtles, and many other species.
- A Quick Trip To The Whale Watching Grounds
Our home port is conveniently located 15 minutes away from the tip of Sandy Hook, one of the best locations for spotting whales in the New York bight. The confluence of waters from the Hudson, Raritan, Navesink, and Shrewsbury rivers makes for an especially fertile habitat for many inshore species, including the Menhaden, or Bunker, and most whales just can’t get enough of them.
- Super Smooth Riding And Luxurious Vessels
Our boats were designed with your comfort and safety in mind. Each vessel is well equipped with the comforts of home, but with a MUCH better view. We have plenty of spacious airline-style seating spanning across multiple decks, so there is plenty of room to spread out. You can enjoy the view from the outside decks, or sit comfortably inside in the air-conditioned cabin. Our vessels also offer a fully-stocked bar on all sailings providing beer, wine, spirits, soft drinks, and pre-packaged snacks. In addition, our vessels were designed with both stability and speed in mind, so you can expect a smooth ride while traveling at up to 38 knots (44 mph).
- Traveling from NYC For A Seastreak Whale Watching Cruise? The Seastreak Roundtrip To/From Highlands, NJ Is On Us!
Purchase a Whale Watching Cruise ticket and get a same-day complimentary roundtrip from NYC to/from our ferry terminal in Highlands, NJ, on the following departures:
Saturdays and Sundays: From Manhattan to Highlands, NJ: 10:45am E.35th St. / 10:25am Battery Maritime Building, Slip 5
Saturdays and Sundays: To Manhattan from Highlands, NJ: 4:30pm
Just present proof of your Whale Watching Cruise ticket purchase when boarding.
“Went today and it was awesome! We saw several whales doing different kinds of feedings. The commentator and crew were excellent.”Seastreak Whale Watch Customer
“Went yesterday. Saw many Humpback whales. There is a naturalist on board, who gives great info. Very nice trip”Seastreak Whale Wacth Customer
“I highly recommend this whale watching cruise, it is really a lot of fun.”Seastreak Whale Watch Customer
“Best day!!! Thank you we had so much fun.”Seastreak Whale Watch Customer
Schedule & Pricing
Departure & Arrival Times
|Departing from Highlands, NJ|
|Departure Time||Return Time|
|12:30 PM||3:30 PM|
|Adults||Children 12 and Under|
Click “Buy Tickets” for 2021 Sailing Dates
Ticket Office Hours
M-F: 5am - 8am, 11:30am - 9pm
Sat/Sun: 8am - 8pm
- Bike Rack
- Covered Waiting Area
- Free Daytime Parking
- Free Overnight Parking (restrictions apply)
- Handicap Accessibility
Logistics & What to KnowView All FAQs
- The Whale Watching Cruise is fully narrated by our knowledgeable tour guides who will point out local history along with many types of marine life.
- The full Whale Watching cruise is approximately 3h, and departs from 325 Shore Drive, Highlands, NJ.
- Please arrive approximately 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Some Tips From The Wheelhouse:
- Bring Sunglasses Polarized sunglasses cut surface reflection, even on cloudy days, and help you see in more detail.
- Bring Your Camera Ideally you will want one with a zoom lens for close-ups.
- You Are Welcome To Bring Food and Non-Alcoholic Drinks Soft-sided coolers only, please.