June 3, 2013
It’s almost summer, and everyone knows what that means. Beach season! While the idea of strolling through the sand is definitely the stuff of dreams, coming out from under all of those layers can be a total nightmare. We have some tips for you to help make for a smooth transition from your snowsuit to Sandy Hook beach.
1. Drink plenty of water. The more hydrated you are, the healthier you look. Water will also help keep you satiated between meals. The general rule of thumb is to take your weight, divide it by two and then drink that number in ounces.
2. Watch what you eat. The holiday season is the perfect time to put on a little bit of padding to keep the cold away, or at least we keep telling ourselves that! Spring is the time to eat a little bit leaner and cleaner. Try to cut carbs out of your diet, and replace them with greens…oranges, reds and purples too. Eating well will help slim you down, and give you more energy for tip number three.
3. Work it out! Weight-training and muscle toning exercises are essential to creating that chiseled beach body. Practice with dumbbells and medicine balls, or try pilates and yoga, if using equipment proves to be too cumbersome.
4. Keep at that cardio. While weight training will tone up your muscles, cardio exercise will help to keep your weight down. You can start small by going for a brisk walk through the park, and then work your way into a jog.
5. Fake it ‘til you make it. To avoid having ghostly white skin, try using a little bit of sunless tanning lotion. It will give you a natural-looking, healthy glow, and no one will be the wiser.
When you’re ready to hit the beach, hop on a Seastreak ferry from NYC! We’ll take you right to Sandy Hook. And for those of you whose newfound confidence knows no bounds, Gunnison, the East Coast’s largest clothing-optional beach, is right down the road at Sandy Hook!
How are you getting ready for the beach? Let us know on our Facebook, or tweet us @SeastreakFerry!
Sea you soon,
The Seastreak Family
Filed Under: The Hot List
Due to inactivity, we've removed your tickets from the cart and cleared any personal data you may have entered for your security and privacy. Please add them again when you're ready so we may welcome you aboard Seastreak.