Dear Seastreak Customers,
The health and safety of our customers and employees is our highest priority, so we want to tell you about the steps we are taking to address our shared health and safety concerns in light of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Social Distancing: we are reducing the number of passengers we allow on our vessels, and we have opened all of our exterior decks, to provide you with more personal space and allow you the ability to distance yourself from other passengers. We encourage you to allow at least one empty seat between yourself and your fellow passengers.
- Enhanced Cleaning Protocols: our contracted steam-cleaning companies have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitization services on our vessels and in our terminals.
- Our crews will continue to wipe down hard surfaces including handrails, armrests, door handles, and bathrooms with disinfectant between and during runs, using cleaning agents that are deemed effective and safe for these purposes.
- In order to sustain this high level of vessel sanitation, we have increased our vessels’ crew size and stocked up on cleaning supplies including sanitizers, disinfectant wipes, paper towels and antibacterial products.
- We provide hand sanitizers at all access points onboard our vessels, and we encourage our customers to use them often.
- We ask that you also take measures to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus, such as washing your hands often, avoiding close contact with others, and covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or the inside of your elbow if you do cough or sneeze. The CDC provides a very thorough list of other ways to protect yourself here.
- We have instructed our crews to remain at home if they are sick, and we encourage our riders to be considerate of others and do the same.
- We will extend the expiration dates on our ticket books by 30 days, after the initial 60 days, and we will continue to monitor conditions and provide additional extensions if needed.
Seastreak will continue to monitor the situation, and we will provide updates when conditions change.